There has been a lot of excitement around my town this week as we’ve launched the very first Starkville Restaurant Week. I’ve been blessed to have the opportunity to work on some of the graphics and promotions for the event showcasing great dining options in Starkville. For me personally, it’s been a fun opportunity to create some family memories and to show my kiddos some of the things Mommy does in her work. It’s been a pleasure to hear them exclaim “It’s Starkville Restaurant Week!” as we picked a dinner spot, and to listen to the happenings of the day around a few new tables. Of course, the ice cream shop didn’t hurt the excitement level!
This week, I’ve been trying to visit several of the participating restaurants at lunch with friends and in the evenings with my crew, in part, to get a few food photos to use in promotions. I thought I would share a few items that have been on our plate this week to get your taste buds motivated, headed into the weekend. If you’re near Starkville, I hope you’ll join us through Sunday for a taste of some of our local spots! Enjoy the food and the designs!
Photos from top:
1. Fried Shrimp Poboy from Oby’s — the sandwich my out of town friends most frequently ask me to ship them 🙂
2. A newspaper “guide” I was able to design for printing last Sunday
3. Glazed Salmon from Old Venice Pizza Company — the Bambino kids pizzas are my kids’ fave eat out meal, but this looked so good that Baby Girl was willing to try it. And liked it!
4. Grilled Chipotle Quesadilla from Abner’s Chicken — just the right amount of bite in every bite
5. Starkville Restaurant Week poster
6. Sausage muffin and iced mocha with an extra shot of chocolate from 929 Coffee Bar — because can you really have too much chocolate?
7. Goat Cheese & Fire Roasted Red Pepper Sub from Sweet Peppers Deli
8. Ice Cream from Coldstone Creamery — not pictured, the sugar induced dance